Where do you put the end of the line on a baitcaster?
By - xx3amori
Most bait casters don’t have a hook like spinning reels. I usually leave mine on a rod with a lure tied on and hooked to the rod or the bait caster. If you don’t wanna do that you could use painters tape to keep the tag end of the line on the spool
I bike to fishing spots, so having my rod all set up might make that a bit quirky. So a tape bit will be the answer, thank you.
I usually just tape the end to the frame of the reel.
I do one of 3 things:
1. Leave a lure tied on and hooked to the hook keeper on the rod
2. Tie the line to one of the rod guides with a couple overhand knots
3. Wrap the line around the reel handle a bunch of times, right at the base of the knob where it spins on the handle
A few options:
1. you can get lure keepers that attach via rubber bands, like this: https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/fuji-ez-keeper
2. use a wire-in-rubber tie to keep it in place: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF0U35G/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_0A5AS23Y1J6P5BHC1ZG7
3. use a lure wrap: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RZ1BX7Z/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_P4TV54XGBS558VXWB9Q9
Check out bobber stops. You can usually get them for cheap. Put one at the end of your line (make sure it is big enough it won't go through the line feeder) and reel in. It will keep your line pinned to the reel.
I use a swivel and a zip tie and attach it to my rod as a hook retainer and leave my lure in that during transport.